(*Clark County is currently in Phase 1) In-person open houses are not currently permitted in Phase 1 regions. Brokers in Phase 1 regions may still conduct virtual or live stream open houses. For in-person open houses, brokers must ensure that no more than ten (10) people are on site, including the broker, and that all other required protocols are followed (face coverings, social distancing, sanitation, etc.) Firms should develop processes that brokers follow to ensure compliance, including the following:
• Post signs at the property (e.g. on the open house signs, at the front door,
inside the property, etc.) alerting the public to the occupancy restriction and
reminding the public to wear face coverings and social distance.
• Brokers need to carefully monitor the number of persons on site at any one time
and not admit more than the allowed number of persons into the property.
• Brokers need to constantly monitor the front door and potentially lock the
door from time to time to prohibit additional persons from entering.
• Firms may consider assigning two brokers to an open house – one to stand outside and monitor
the number of persons admitted to the property, and the other to be inside the property.
• Brokers must enforce the face covering requirement.
• Persons waiting to enter the property must social distance and wear face coverings.
• Clean and disinfect all surfaces, before and after the open house,
and have sanitizer placed around the property.
• Because contact tracing in the event of an outbreak is important, brokers should maintain
a sign-in sheet that includes contact information for all attending an open house.
• Please keep in mind that the firm and broker hosting an open house are at risk of
criminal and civil liability for failure to fully comply with the required protocols.