Fields marked with an * are required
*DEADLINE* FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2022, at 5 p.m. All Applications will be presented to the Nomination Committee for verification of eligibility.
CCAR Policy and Procedure Manual – CCAR Director Information – CLICK HERE FOR FULL DOCUMENT
Responsibilities and Duties of a CCAR Director
Participate as a member of the governing body of the Association.
- Attend every Board of Directors meeting in accordance with the Bylaws of the Association.
- In addition to service on the Board of Directors, each Director shall serve on at least one of the following committees or sub-committee: Awards, Business Practices, RPAC, Education, Governmental Affairs, Membership, Nominations, Professional Standards, or Diversity.
- Keep the members informed of the activities of the Association.
- Present to the board of Directors any programs, suggestions or concerns of the members.
- Make every attempt to attend all major functions of the Association.
- Be familiar with the Association’s Strategic Plan and assist in the implementation of the objectives and strategies.
- Keep abreast of the accomplishments of the Association, WR and NAR to be prepared to discuss these matters with the membership.
- The directors shall have a working knowledge of the Bylaws, the Policy and Procedure Manual, the Professional Standards Policy and Procedures Manual, The Code of Ethics and Arbitration Manual and Robert’s Rules of Order.
- Be prepared to accept all other duties as requested by the President, and maintain continuous liaison with the CEO and other assigned staff to ensure proper coordination in the conduct of the Association’s business.
- Solicit CCAR member who are not currently serving in a volunteer capacity, to serve as a CCAR committee or Work Group member, or a CCAR Director, or a WR Director.
- Must be a REALTOR member in good standing.
- Strongly encouraged to be an investor in RPAC.
- Must have a minimum of one 1 year as a member of CCAR.
- Must attend a Professional Standards class and/or mandatory Professional Standard Committee training annually.
- Must be actively engaged in the real estate business and hold an active real estate license from the State of Washington (Exceptions – Affiliate Directors).
- Strongly encouraged to be serving on a committee of CCAR, WR or NAR
- The Affiliate Director must be an Affiliate member in good standing.
- Directors appointed by the President must be one of the following: 1) REALTOR Members in good standing, 2) Affiliate Members in good standing.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year as a CCAR Member.
- Strongly encouraged to be serving on a committee of CCAR, WR or NAR.
Serve for a term as follows:
- 2 Affiliate Directors are elected for a term of one year and cannot serve more than two successive years in this office.
- Appointed Affiliate Director serves for a term of a minimum of two (2) years and maximum of three (3) years per term, and cannot serve more than one (1) term unless a break of at least one year between such terms occurs. (Exceptions – If appointed Affiliate Director is the Attorney of Record for CCAR or an Associate of said Attorney’s Law Office, then said appointed Affiliate Director may serve at the Board’s pleasure with no term limits).
- Twelve (12) Elected Directors, who are REALTOR Members serve for staggered three (3) year terms.