Applications And Nominations!
CCAR’s Board Election Application/Nomination
Are you interested in making a positive change and having an active role in your REALTOR® Association? Then don’t forget that CCAR will soon be accepting application/nomination forms for the Board of Director’s Election. The individuals who are nominated or apply will have the opportunity to serve on CCAR’s Board of Directors. It’s the perfect way to join a talented group of real estate leaders, and evoke a difference in your Association.
NOTE: Please contact our office or an officer of the association should you have any questions.
Deadline to submit your application is Monday, September 11, at 5 p.m.
Each candidate must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be a REALTOR® member in good standing with CCAR.
- Must have a valid email address.
- Must attend a Professional Standards class and/or a mandatory Professional Standards Committee training annually.
- Must attend a New Director Orientation.
- Must be actively engaged in the real estate industry and hold an active real estate license from the State of Washington (Exception for Affiliate Director Positions)
- Strongly encouraged to be an investor in RPAC.
- Strongly encouraged to be serving on a committee of CCAR, Washington REALTORS or the National Association of REALTORS.
- Cannot miss more than 4 meetings a year.
DIRECTOR: A candidate for a Director position must have a minimum of one  year as a member of CCAR.
NOTE: With changes in our bylaws made in 2019, Officers of the board are now elected by serving Directors. Any director that is elected can possibly be elected to an Executive position on the Board of Directors.
Previous Years Candidate Slate and Bylaws up for a vote
2021 BYLAW CHANGES UP FOR A VOTE
MOTION: To eliminate gender-specific pronouns in the CCAR Bylaws.
- There were several instances in the Bylaws where gender-specific pronouns “he,” “she,” “his,” “her” were used. This amendment is to change those pronouns to “they” and “their” as appropriate.
- The CCAR Board of Directors recently voted to apply the Washington REALTORS Statement of Values and Principles. Changing the policy will ensure we are abiding by the standard recently adopted.
Bylaw Change 1 – MOTION: To change Article 4 of the CCAR Bylaws
Bylaw Change 2 – MOTION: To adopt Amendment 45 Option 1 of the NAR bylaws changes.
Bylaw Change 3 – MOTION: To add Affiliate Committee Section 14.1 Standing Committees of the CCAR bylaws.
Bylaw Change 4 – MOTION: To add Endorsement Committee to Section 14.1 Standing Committees of the CCAR bylaws and establish it as a standing committee.