CCAR History

Old photo meets new photo of vancouver washington
Jan. 14, 1921 (your association’s NAR charter date) – NAR’s Board of Directors approved a membership application from the Vancouver Realty Board, with 21 charter members.
Jan. 20, 1923 – NAR’s Board of Directors dropped the Vancouver board from national membership because of delinquent dues.
May 5, 1938 – NAR’s Board of Directors approved a new membership application from the Vancouver Realty Board, with 17 charter members.  The board’s jurisdiction covered the city of Vancouver and Clark County, and according to its membership application it was established in April 1937.
Nov. 12, 1963 – The Vancouver Realty Board’s name changed to Vancouver Board of REALTORS®.  At the same time, the board’s jurisdiction expanded to cover all of Clark County and the southern half of Skamania County.
Feb. 5, 1974 – The Vancouver Board of REALTORS®’ name changed to Vancouver-Clark County Board of REALTORS®.  Vancouver’s jurisdiction was also revised to include only Clark County.
Feb. 4, 1985 – Vancouver–Clark County Board of REALTORS®’ name was changed to Clark County Board of REALTORS®.
1999 – Name changed to Clark County Association of REALTORS®.
Follow this link for copies of CCAR’s rosters of founding members (both 1921 and 1938); name change and jurisdiction documentation; and mentions in NAR’s Board of Directors minutes: